Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Art of Loving a Gamer

Yesterday, I bought this.........

Obviously I didn't buy the lady, but I did buy the dress. And yes it is covered in cherries. I am so in love with this dress that it's highly likely I will sleep in it the first night I have it.

I also bought this.........
Yes, that's right, it's a cardigan with bows on it & it's friggin cute.

I don't want to go into detail on how much these items of clothing cost nor have I told Blake yet. But just in case he has a tantrum, I did buy him an xbox kinect for his birthday next friday. 

I don't even know what an xbox kinect is but he has been talking about it non stop for the last 2 months. I'm assuming it's a man-gamer related product because every time we walk past Noel Leemings he drags me in to give me a 15 minute demonstration on the pros of having an xbox kinect in our house. Now because my interest in anything game related, on a scale of 0-10 is pretty much a -50, I just smile & nod. He can add this to his collection which includes a Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360 & PS3 & about a thousand games. Spoilt much?! 

Gaming is a never ending obsession of his. I suppose I shouldn't complain. If he's happy, I'm happy. And it's not as though I didn't have any warning. We were best friends for 2 years before we fell in love. I often sat in awe of his gaming console collection & I pretty much know, by heart, the ins & outs of World of War Craft or 'Goblins' as I call it. However I would rather chew on broken glass than play it. I feel it would tarnish my rock n roll image. 

I like to call him a nerd. He gets cute mad when I call him this but it's because he just can't accept what he really is. When we go to The Warehouse he often passes comment on the pimply gangly pale faced nerd herd that gather in the gaming section. 'Ha ha look at those geek boys' he says. Um news flash baby, you are one of them. Except really good looking & without the cervical spine hump from hunching over the game controller. 

If the love of your life is also a gamer. Here's a couple of key things that will help keep you sane.


  • Get Sky. Or just make sure you have another TV in the house. I like that I can watch my 'shit' programmes without him sitting beside me ranting about how rubbish Jersey Shore & my other favourite shows are.
  • Use the time to your advantage. Go shopping or spend time with your girls.
  • Bribery. Good old fashioned bribery. If you want his attention, get your boobs out. I promise you this will work. If it doesn't, then maybe his gaming obsession isn't the only problem.
  • Set ground rules. Blake's only allowed to play when I've gone to bed or when I'm out at a gig.  Or if I'm just busy doing other things.

  • Don't ever try to change your man. This is a general life rule.
  • More important that anything, accept that you won't always like the same things. It's completely healthy to have different interests. 




    Peace & love
    Becky xo


      0 comments:

      Post a Comment

      I love reading your comments. Comments are sexy.